How to fix error value for undeclared variable a variable named was assigned on the command line?
In this article we are going to fix
Error Value for undeclared variable A variable named was assigned on the command line, but the root module does not declare a variable of that name. To use this value, add a variable block to the configuration
The above mentioned issue very common with terraform and 99% of the case you might have forgotten -
- Either declaring variable
- Or did not create a
Here is the pic which might help you to understand this issue visually -
How to fix?
- Look for the
variablewhich you are trying to create.
- Create that
variableinside your terraform file.
- Check your
variable.tfand see if the
variableis defined or not.
- Also check if there is mismatch in the
Read More - Terragrunt -
Posts in this Series
- Securing Sensitive Data in Terraform
- Boost Your AWS Security with Terraform : A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Load Input Data from a File in Terraform?
- Can Terraform be used to provision on-premises infrastructure?
- Fixing the Terraform Error creating IAM Role. MalformedPolicyDocument Has prohibited field Resource
- In terraform how to handle null value with default value?
- Terraform use module output variables as inputs for another module?
- How to Reference a Resource Created by a Terraform Module?
- Understanding Terraform Escape Sequences
- How to fix private-dns-enabled cannot be set because there is already a conflicting DNS domain?
- Use Terraform to manage AWS IAM Policies, Roles and Users
- How to split Your Terraform main.tf File into Multiple Files
- How to use Terraform variable within variable
- Mastering the Terraform Lookup Function for Dynamic Keys
- Copy files to EC2 and S3 bucket using Terraform
- Troubleshooting Error creating EC2 Subnet InvalidSubnet Range The CIDR is Invalid
- Troubleshooting InvalidParameter Security group and subnet belong to different networks
- Managing strings in Terraform: A comprehensive guide
- How to use terraform depends_on meta argument?
- What is user_data in Terraform?
- Why you should not store terraform state file(.tfstate) inside Git Repository?
- How to import existing resource using terraform import comand?
- Terraform - A detailed guide on setting up ALB(Application Load Balancer) and SSL?
- Testing Infrastructure as Code with Terraform?
- How to remove a resource from Terraform state?
- What is Terraform null Resource?
- In terraform how to skip creation of resource if the resource already exist?
- How to setup Virtual machine on Google Cloud Platform
- How to use Terraform locals?
- Terraform Guide - Docker Containers & AWS ECR(elastic container registry)?
- How to generate SSH key in Terraform using tls_private_key?
- How to fix-Terraform Error acquiring the state lock ConditionalCheckFiledException?
- Terraform Template - A complete guide?
- How to use Terragrunt?
- Terraform and AWS Multi account Setup?
- Terraform and AWS credentials handling?
- How to fix-error configuring S3 Backend no valid credential sources for S3 Backend found?
- Terraform state locking using DynamoDB (aws_dynamodb_table)?
- Managing Terraform states?
- Securing AWS secrets using HashiCorp Vault with Terraform?
- How to use Workspaces in Terraform?
- How to run specific terraform resource, module, target?
- How Terraform modules works?
- Secure AWS EC2s & GCP VMs with Terraform SSH Keys!
- What is terraform provisioner?
- Is terraform destroy needed before terraform apply?
- How to fix terraform error Your query returned no results. Please change your search criteria and try again?
- How to use Terraform Data sources?
- How to use Terraform resource meta arguments?
- How to use Terraform Dynamic blocks?
- Terraform - How to nuke AWS resources and save additional AWS infrastructure cost?
- Understanding terraform count, for_each and for loop?
- How to use Terraform output values?
- How to fix error configuring Terraform AWS Provider error validating provider credentials error calling sts GetCallerIdentity SignatureDoesNotMatch?
- How to fix Invalid function argument on line in provider credentials file google Invalid value for path parameter no file exists
- How to fix error value for undeclared variable a variable named was assigned on the command line?
- What is variable.tf and terraform.tfvars?
- How to use Terraform Variables - Locals,Input,Output
- Terraform create EC2 Instance on AWS
- How to fix Error creating service account googleapi Error 403 Identity and Access Management (IAM) API has not been used in project before or it is disabled
- Install terraform on Ubuntu 20.04, CentOS 8, MacOS, Windows 10, Fedora 33, Red hat 8 and Solaris 11