How to fix Error creating service account googleapi Error 403 Identity and Access Management (IAM) API has not been used in project before or it is disabled
In this article we are going to see - How to fix the issue - Error creating service account googleapi Error 403 Identity and Access Management (IAM) API has not been used in project 4686446XXXX before or it is disabled
(In case you need help with setting GCP Compute instance here is the guide)
I also faced this issue when I was trying to create my first GCP Compute Instance using terraform.
Here are my assumption on the steps you might have already done -
- You have already installed Terraform on your system (Click here for installation guide)
- You are able to run
terraform initcommand successfully
- You are able to run
- But when you ran
terraform applyyou saw the error
1google_service_account.default: Creating... 2google_compute_instance.default: Creating... 3 4Error: Error creating service account: googleapi: Error 403: Identity and Access Management (IAM) API has not been 5used in project 46864460xxxx before or it is disabled. Enable it by visiting https://console.developers.google. 6com/apis/api/iam.googleapis.com/overview?project=46864460xxxx then retry. If you enabled this API recently, wait a 7few minutes for the action to propagate to our systems and retry., accessNotConfigured
How to fix the issue
To fix this issue you need to ENABLE to enable the project.
How to enable the project
From the error log you need to copy the URL .i.e. -
Open this URL into the browser -
Once you enable the project and re-run
terraform apply then your error should be gone.
Read More - Terragrunt -
Posts in this Series
- Managing strings in Terraform: A comprehensive guide
- How to use terraform depends_on meta argument?
- What is user_data in Terraform?
- Why you should not store terraform state file(.tfstate) inside Git Repository?
- How to import existing resource using terraform import comand?
- Terraform - A detailed guide on setting up ALB(Application Load Balancer) and SSL?
- Testing Infrastructure as Code with Terraform?
- How to remove a resource from Terraform state?
- What is Terraform null Resource?
- In terraform how to skip creation of resource if the resource already exist?
- How to setup Virtual machine on Google Cloud Platform
- How to use Terraform locals?
- Terraform Guide - Docker Containers & AWS ECR(elastic container registry)?
- How to generate SSH key in Terraform using tls_private_key?
- How to fix-Terraform Error acquiring the state lock ConditionalCheckFiledException?
- Terraform Template - A complete guide?
- How to use Terragrunt?
- Terraform and AWS Multi account Setup?
- Terraform and AWS credentials handling?
- How to fix-error configuring S3 Backend no valid credential sources for S3 Backend found?
- Terraform state locking using DynamoDB (aws_dynamodb_table)?
- Managing Terraform states?
- Securing AWS secrets using HashiCorp Vault with Terraform?
- How to use Workspaces in Terraform?
- How to run specific terraform resource, module, target?
- How Terraform modules works?
- Terraform how to do SSH in AWS EC2 instance?
- What is terraform provisioner?
- Is terraform destroy needed before terraform apply?
- How to fix terraform error Your query returned no results. Please change your search criteria and try again?
- How to use Terraform Data sources?
- How to use Terraform resource meta arguments?
- How to use Terraform Dynamic blocks?
- Terraform - How to nuke AWS resources and save additional AWS infrastructure cost?
- Understanding terraform count, for_each and for loop?
- How to use Terraform output values?
- How to fix error configuring Terraform AWS Provider error validating provider credentials error calling sts GetCallerIdentity SignatureDoesNotMatch?
- How to fix Invalid function argument on line in provider credentials file google Invalid value for path parameter no file exists
- How to fix error value for undeclared variable a variable named was assigned on the command line?
- What is variable.tf and terraform.tfvars?
- How to use Terraform Variables - Locals,Input,Output
- Terraform create EC2 Instance on AWS
- How to fix Error creating service account googleapi Error 403 Identity and Access Management (IAM) API has not been used in project before or it is disabled
- Install terraform on Ubuntu 20.04, CentOS 8, MacOS, Windows 10, Fedora 33, Red hat 8 and Solaris 11