How to fix Error creating service account googleapi Error 403 Identity and Access Management (IAM) API has not been used in project before or it is disabled
In this article we are going to see - How to fix the issue - Error creating service account googleapi Error 403 Identity and Access Management (IAM) API has not been used in project 4686446XXXX before or it is disabled
(In case you need help with setting GCP Compute instance here is the guide)
I also faced this issue when I was trying to create my first GCP Compute Instance using terraform.
Here are my assumption on the steps you might have already done -
- You have already installed Terraform on your system (Click here for installation guide)
- You are able to run
terraform initcommand successfully
- You are able to run
- But when you ran
terraform applyyou saw the error
1google_service_account.default: Creating... 2google_compute_instance.default: Creating... 3 4Error: Error creating service account: googleapi: Error 403: Identity and Access Management (IAM) API has not been 5used in project 46864460xxxx before or it is disabled. Enable it by visiting https://console.developers.google. 6com/apis/api/iam.googleapis.com/overview?project=46864460xxxx then retry. If you enabled this API recently, wait a 7few minutes for the action to propagate to our systems and retry., accessNotConfigured
How to fix the issue
To fix this issue you need to ENABLE to enable the project.
How to enable the project
From the error log you need to copy the URL .i.e. -
Open this URL into the browser -
Once you enable the project and re-run
terraform apply then your error should be gone.
Read More -
- Install terraform on Ubuntu 20.04, CentOS 8, MacOS, Windows 10, Fedora 33, Red hat 8 and Solaris 11
- How to setup Virtual machine on Google Cloud Platform using terraform
- Create EC2 Instance on AWS using terraform
- How to use Terraform Input Variables
- What is variable.tf and terraform.tfvars?
- How to use Terraform locals?
- How to use Terraform output values?
- Understanding terraform count, for_each and for loop?
- Cloud-nuke : How to nuke AWS resources and save additional AWS infrastructure cost?
- How to use Terraform Dynamic blocks?
- How to use Terraform resource meta arguments?
- How to use Terraform Data sources?
- What is terraform provisioner?
- Terraform how to do SSH in AWS EC2 instance?