How to fix error configuring Terraform AWS Provider error validating provider credentials error calling sts GetCallerIdentity SignatureDoesNotMatch?
This is occurs when you are trying to use your Old or expired - Access keys (access key ID and secret access key) of your aws account.
You are error should look like -
Error: error configuring Terraform AWS Provider: error validating provider credentials: error calling sts:GetCallerIdentity: SignatureDoesNotMatch: The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your AWS Secret Access Key and signing method. Consult the service documentation for details. status code: 403, request id: 49474972-2feb-463a-a51d-e04e3bb2a111
How to fix Issue?
1. First check status of the Access keys?
- Goto your AWS console.
- On top right corner under your username click on ->
My Security Credentials
- Then navigate to Access keys (access key ID and secret access key)
- Check the status of the key. It should have an ACTIVE status
2. Copy correct Access Key and Secret Access Key
When ever you create New Access Key make sure you always copy correct details (Access Key, Secret Access Key) into your terraform file.
For example here is sample screenshot of Access Key and Secret Access Key
In most of the cases user generally does not copy the correct AWS credentials and end up with this issue.
For more details you can follow this GitHub Thread
Read More -
- Install terraform on Ubuntu 20.04, CentOS 8, MacOS, Windows 10, Fedora 33, Red hat 8 and Solaris 11
- How to setup Virtual machine on Google Cloud Platform using terraform
- Create EC2 Instance on AWS using terraform
- How to use Terraform Input Variables
- What is variable.tf and terraform.tfvars?
- How to use Terraform locals?
- How to use Terraform output values?
- Understanding terraform count, for_each and for loop?
- Cloud-nuke : How to nuke AWS resources and save additional AWS infrastructure cost?
- How to use Terraform Dynamic blocks?